PUA to Offer Free Webinar for Design Professionals
Posted on: January 16, 2017 by Professional Underwriters Agency
Join Us for a Free Webinar:
Risk Management 101 For Design Professionals (Part 2)
Date: Friday, February 10, 2017
Time: 1:00 pm EST | 1 hr
(Note: Upon registering, you will receive a confirmation email that includes a unique link, dial-in phone number and pin to access the webinar. Please do not share your unique link with other users.)
In the second webinar of the series, Kent Holland* of Construction Risk, LLC, will provide an overview of risk management for design professionals.
By attending this webinar, you will learn:
- to identity the primary sources of risks and key methods for managing the risks
- negotiation strategies for getting a reasonable allocation of risk
- how design-build delivery method may impact design risks and liabilities, and how to manage those risks
- how Construction Management At Risk Delivery Method may impact rights and responsibilities of the contractor and designers
Subjects that will be covered include:
1. Risk Management Webinar Part 1 Short Recap:
- Standard of Care
- Site Safety
- Incorporation by Reference/Flow Down
2. Additional contract clauses to be discussed include:
- Payment provisions
- Timeliness of Performance
- Site Observation or Inspection
- Limitation of Liability
- Waiver of Consequential Damages
3. Other topics:
- How Design-Build Delivery Method May Impact Risks
- Prescriptive Design Specs vs. Performance Specs
- Performance Guarantees under Design-Build Contracts
- How Construction Management at Risk May Impact Allocation and Responsibility for Risks
This webinar has been filed with the American Institute of Architects (AIA) for continuing education credit for Arch policyholders. Certificates of completion can be issued for submittal to state licensing boards. Please invite to your clients so that they can register and join us as well.
Did you miss our first webinar in the series? Click here to view it on demand.
*Kent Holland and ConstructionRisk , LLC is not a subsidiary or affiliate of Arch Insurance. Arch Insurance expressly disclaims any and all damages and other costs that may arise related to the use of or reliance upon the products, services, representations or warranties made by or on behalf of Kent Holland or ConstructionRisk, LLC.
Posted in: Architect Professional Liability